STX 5.26% 18.0¢ strike energy limited

Interesting announcement. Basically 25TJ per day is 0.01 TcF per...

1. 9,105 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 17810
    Interesting announcement. Basically 25TJ per day is 0.01 TcF per year, which equates to 0.11 TcF for the contract, and appears this is a STX only contract with CSBP. I understand West Erregula is a 50/50 JV between STX and Warrego Energy Limited, but would appear each party can market separately their own gas. Is that correct?

West Erregula reserves so far are above 1Tcf, i.e. over 0.5 TcF share for STX, so heaps of potential for STX to sell more gas, assuming separate marketing arrangements, given what is contracted is much less than what it has, and obviously the area might yield even more gas. If it is joint marketing same issue - still have lots of gas left over to sell.

If I am not misunderstanding the 50TJ per day announcement a while back that uses AGIG, appears too me to be on STX's share of West Erregula gas, so the interesting aspect is whether the contract with CSBP is part of this output or not. Could be wrong here, but even under joint marketing STX/JV in totality still have lots of gas. In any event, combined looking at 0.03 TcF per year so still lots of gas STX has to sell, should it get more buyers.
    https://www.nsenergybusiness.com/projects/west-erregulla-gas-field/

Calculation methodogy in these posts:
    Post #: 45904432 and Post #: 45915249

Obviously not as well as researched as others on the mechanics of the JV itself and whether STX can separately sell gas.

In any event, as stated the gas they have, if destined for the domestic market, allows them to supply for many many years, if demand is there obviously. In addition, it also means if they cannot supply any more gas into the domestic market, or growth is slower than expected, that they will need to look at other options for supply - including using NWS facilities as a Toll for LNG exports, albeit need to find more gas, etc or other options as per posts above in the thread they come from etc etc

Obviously with a good gas sales price, potential for profit is good.

All IMO IMO
    Last edited by Scarpa: 02/09/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
-0.010(5.26%)
Mkt cap ! $515.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.5¢ 18.8¢ 18.0¢ $829.9K 4.561M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
41 1034210 18.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.5¢ 484437 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 08/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.