RHY 1.79% 5.7¢ rhythm biosciences limited

I think you will find that this company (well bowel cancer...

1. 915 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 254
    I think you will find that this company (well bowel cancer specifically) in the link are to late to the party as molecular bowel cancer blood tests are already available and on the market. Look up Epigenomics, Nolvgenix and Clinical Genomics products ... all of which are molecular/DNA blood test for bowel cancer detection.

At on that , the rates of detection in these existing blood tests are superior to that quoted in this article so on bowel cancer alone it wouldn't stand up to existing tests but as a group it would.

As for RHY - this is not competition, they are targeting a different sector being very low cost (vs the molecular tests which are very expensive and I did see another article where they quote the above test at around $1000 a pop!) , easy to implement into pathology services and can be widely used as a screening tool as a result of this. This business model is vastly different to the molecular test, which due to their costs are normally reserved for post cancer detection and monitoring.

Oh - a quick side note, you may want to check out an ex-associate of Clinical Genomics, which I think just celebrated their 25th million test in the USA...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RHY (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.