SMN 14.3% 48.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

Chipping in on this one. I think we know that 2Ku is the name of...

1. 29 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Chipping in on this one. I think we know that 2Ku is the name of the satellite / WiFi offering from Gogo.

I paste this from a 2017 publicity news regarding Delta. You'll see that installing these systems (even for the 'biggies' ) is a SLOW and structured process. (One day, all this stuff will be OEM fitted and so on, but for now it is generally a retrofit.)

Enjoy a web search, and you'll see that Gogo is selected by Virgin Aus, BA amongst others. What I'm trying to say, is , this is like building a house out of wood,... where you have to plant the trees, wait for them to grow... you get the analogy. (Basically, in-flight WiFi is now a 'standard' feature that customers expect)

All sounds good, right? It gets better. I'm seeing this as a Stalking Horse. Once CV systems are in place, I can't take much to extend the technology all over the plane, (it'll be sucking the smells out of the bogs next!! (that's your monday joke This is going to be huge, imo.

(2017) ''Delta has the largest current fleet of Gogo 2Ku aircraft and the largest commitment to 2Ku of any airline in the world, set to install over 600 aircraft with High-Speed Wi-Fi for domestic and international flights over the next two years. 2Ku is currently being installed on Delta’s existing domestic narrow-body fleets, while new Airbus A350 and Bombardier C-Series aircraft will be equipped with 2Ku prior to delivery. 2Ku service will also be offered on Airbus A330-900Neo aircraft when they enter Delta’s fleet in 2019.Using dual Ku-band satellite antennas ― one receiver for the upward link to the aircraft, and the other for the downward, return link to the ground ― 2Ku offers customers faster speeds and bandwidth more than 20 times that of Gogo’s original air-to-ground (ATG) technology.

If you want the full link

https://news.delta.com/delta-continues-wi-fi-experience-upgrade-100th-2ku-install

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.0¢
Change
0.060(14.3%)
Mkt cap ! $65.93M
Open High Low Value Volume
41.5¢ 48.0¢ 41.5¢ $71.34K 163.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20000 46.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
48.0¢ 9999 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.