CVN 2.44% 20.0¢ carnarvon energy limited

re: Ann: CVN's September 2010 Quarterly R... Eyes,You need to...

1. 13,963 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1047
    re: Ann: CVN's September 2010 Quarterly R... Eyes,

You need to understand that even if there is a 700m gas column, this does not mean this is a highly economic gas resource - permeability and a host of other factors matter enormously - otherwise of course CVN would not have gotten access to such an oil column for such a trivialing amount. That they did is a true sign that our management has the nous, the nous that neither you or I have, to judge how far to farm this project down. THere is a lot of undeveloped gas offshore WA (and in QLD).

No further explanation required from mgmt imho, just the continuing reporting of intent and progress adequate imho.

As for PR, we get enough of that fronm typical blow hard ASX oilers, it is refreshing not to get so much of that childish rubbish from CVN.

You have still not told us which ASX 200 companies get better than a 24% bottom line margin on revenue, or indeed of any that come close. If you cannot and/or cannot make better reasoned argument then the ignore button may be my sanist option.

As I have said before, hard to find better in the oiler space, and plenty other on the ASX 200 to choose from, but I suggest few will offer the margins, the ROCE, the management, or the relatively low risk upside that CVN does - albeit their ST position on the ASX200 may be more assured.

RIP, or tell us what is better,
    EL

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $357.7M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.0¢ 20.5¢ 20.0¢ $377.2K 1.884M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 517767 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 944125 15
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.