CYC 10.8% $1.79 cyclopharm limited

ill start off saying its a shame that the price has dropped in...

1. 329 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    ill start off saying its a shame that the price has dropped in the last little while, only, because i dont have any spare cash to top off at these prices....i think it is looking a bit cheaper at these levels and this announcement confirms that for me. I do not think the market has even come close to begining to factor in the potential of FDA approval. I am going to go through each of the 4 points that were brought up in the announcement and explain why i think that we deserved a jump in price off the back off this news.

1. Cyclopharm successfully completes the first stage of its United States Food and Drug Administration (USFDA) clinical trial program

So stage 1 is complete! All this phase did was look at the inter and intra reader variability for Xenon-133, which determined how many patients they needed for the next phase (turns out its 240) .  The protocol for the next phase and will be submitted on monday the 17th October, and means we are well on schedule for FDA approval by mid 2018. The next phase will compare the ventilation protocol of Xenon-133 with Technegas in 240 patients.

This is an excerpt on a journal article published in 1988. The rest of the world has known for over 2 decades that xenon gas its inferior as an imaging agent compared to Technegas, and this doesnt include the recent advances in equipment and technology which has increased the diagnostic outcomes even more over the last 20 years.

"Technegas is clinically a ventilatory agent of high quality It has distinct advantages over xenon-133. In independent trials, the transport of Technegas through the lungs is indistinct from gaseous agents, and therefore although particulate in nature, Technegas may be compared to gaseous agents. The capacity to obtain multiple views directly comparable with the perfusion study with excellent compliance and acceptance by patients are the principal advantages. High-quality diagnostic images can be routinely obtained with very little effort in even very ill patients. The equipment is compact and mobile.
    The ability to perform dynamic and tomographic studies of directly comparable ventilation and perfusion images may well open an important new role for computerized analysis. Technegas allows high-quality ventilation imaging. Its ease of use makes Technegas an ideal agent in busy clinical nuclear medicine departments, and its method of production may open up a whole new range of technetium radiopharmaceuticals."

So i have every expectation of FDA approval, we are just going through the motions and establishing what the rest of the world already knows. Its just a waiting game that they predict will cost less than 7 mill overall.

2. Cyclopharm receives an invitation from the International Atomic Energy Association (IAEA) for UltraluteTM, our new innovative technology

When i first learned of ultralute i was unsure of how much potential it would have....i thought it would be just a small contribution to the overall income.....but the more i  research the more potential i see, and it could become a significant earner. Basically a bit of background, Technetiumm - 99 (Tc99m) is one of the most commonly used isotopes that is used in general nuclear medicine, not just for technegas.

"Mo99 is the precursor to Technetium-99 (Tc99m), the isotope used in over 80% of all nuclear medicine studies. During the IAEA sponsored review, Cyclopharm’s new technology UltraluteTM was recognised for its optimisation of the isotope Tc99m."
    Following a recommendation from summit participants, the IAEA has formally invited Cyclopharm to collaborate in launching a multi--country, multicentre evaluation of UltraluteTM in early 2017.
    The invitation from the IAEA represents significant recognition for the technology’s potential. In particular, Cyclopharm notes that in its invitation the IAEA referred to UltraluteTM as a “new innovation…that has significant global potential in the nuclear medicine supply chain”.
    UltraluteTM is scheduled for commercial launch in the first half of calendar year 2017.

This could be big....and revenue is just around the corner, from what i understand the Ultralute technologoy would have a life span of 3 to 5 uses ad then a second would have to be bought ensuring a constant income stream of income.

3. Strategy to expand the use of Technegas progressing, with pilot clinical trial programs initiating in Australia, China and Canada

Basocally the company is setting up a clinical trial with newcastle uni (where i studied nuclear medicine) and John Hunter Hospital, to assess small airway dysfunction using Technegas functional lung ventilation imaging with quantification in order to identify treatable traits related to obstructive airway disease.
    - basically assessing if COPD can be diagnosed using technegas.....and if any changes/response from treatment of COPD can be detected using technegas.

i beleive there is currently a similar trial taking place in china, but to have a second trial taking place at a very reputable university and hospital will assist greatly in legitimising the results and the potential of expanding the use of technegas. (As the company has established before the market is substantially larger than the current one of Pulmonary embolism, even including the untapped potential of the USA.)

its a 2 year trial and will cost the company around half a million dollars.

Relocation to new Kingsgrove (Sydney) facility to be completed by mid-November 2016

"As previously announced, after nearly 25 years of continuous operations at our Lucas Heights facility, Cyclopharm will be moving next month to a new state-of-the-art manufacturing facility located in Sydney’s south-west in the suburb of Kingsgrove.
    The new facility has been designed to accommodate the growing demand for our products globally and the anticipated USFDA approval for Technegas in mid-2018.
    The fit out and relocation will cost approximately $1.4 million AUD, in line with its projected cost. The facility will be capitalised and amortised over 10 years."

THis one speaks for itself as the company sets itself up for increased demand and a very bright future

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.79
Change
0.175(10.8%)
Mkt cap ! $193.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.62 $1.79 $1.62 $27.74K 16.13K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 648 $1.75

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.79 867 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.