CYP 0.00% 21.0¢ cynata therapeutics limited

"Does CYP have a single point of failure like IIL?" I don't...

1. 1,848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    "Does CYP have a single point of failure like IIL?"

I don't know. Looking for single points of failure requires research time and energy as well as a mindset. I do know cell and molecular biology is not close to being fully understood by cell and molecular biologists yet. We cannot build a cell from scratch. The origins of life remain largely mysterious.

1) The original induced pluripotent stem cell came from someone somewhere. Any unknown problems in that cell would have been duplicated. iPSC technology isn't that old - longitudinal data can't be that available. That original cell might have characteristics (genes including oncogenes) that make it more favorable in some patients than others.

A better starter iPSC might still be produced. Perhaps CRISPR/Cas9 will be used to produce a better starter iPSC cell.

2) A successful patent challenge.

3) Better technology (a better platform) may become apparent with further discoveries in cell and molecular biology. And/or with further work being done is cell biology culturing at commercial scale. The field of culturing cells at commercial scale is not old, there has not been a need for it.

4) Governments may ignore or revoke patents. Voters don't like being denied medicines or having them priced out of their reach.

Fuji hasn't exercised its option yet. Maybe they see some sense in waiting for more data - like the end of the trial (not that far away until more data is available) before increasing their exposure.

I don't think ILL and SRX were schmucks. Cellular and molecular biology are just harder than many non cellular and molecular biologists appreciate - the models presented - even of dysfunctional systems are based only on what is currently known so real systems can have complexity that is as yet undiscovered. Cells are small (hard to examine) and living (dynamic and subject to adaption and evolution - eg. cancers) so progress in understanding systems of cells isn't as easy as non-experts may imagine.

Plus - when it comes to things that hold out hope for people who are sick or who know people who are sick - people are even less objective than normal.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
21.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $37.91M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 3 20.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
22.5¢ 11225 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 11.33am 22/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CYP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.