BKW 0.44% $27.08 brickworks limited

Hi again @oldnrootedThank you for the kind words. Investing (and...

1. 1,583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    Hi again @oldnrooted

Thank you for the kind words. Investing (and in particular old school Graham/Buffett style long term value investing) was just something that really grabbed me right from reading "The Snowball" as a 12 year old kid so it's something that I am truly passionate about and hope that future financial security will be an outcome of that. I know that I'll enjoy the journey regardless!

I'm an advocate for managing your own portfolio but only if it's something that truly interests you as from what I've seen financial advisors can charge some pretty high fees for what is essentially common sense advice. Having said that though I can understand how many retired people think the trade off in paying somebody else fees to worry about their financials is completely worth it to put time into things they enjoy so I'm just thinking in terms of somebody who is already interested in the markets.

Just a little note on the BKW EPS is that for both them and SOL the headline profit figure (Which flows through to the EPS) can be deceiving because of the complex structure with operating businesses plus investments where they report unrealised gains/losses in the profit figure and this leads to some really odd numbers.

Kind of like how SOL will always say you really should look at the net income of the portfolio figure along with the change in NAV to assess their performance it's probably a good idea to drill a bit deeper than EPS with BKW too.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BKW (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$27.08
Change
-0.120(0.44%)
Mkt cap ! $4.131B
Open High Low Value Volume
$27.20 $27.42 $27.04 $3.279M 120.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 5877 $27.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$27.11 15 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$27.09
  Change
-0.120 ( 0.60 %)
Open High Low Volume
$27.34 $27.42 $27.04 11723
Last updated 15.59pm 13/05/2024 ?
BKW (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.