ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 194 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 65
    I don't really get upset with Capital raisings. What does annoy me is the vagueness of this type of capital raising with respect to existing shareholders. I don't like open-ended share offers, where you can apply for $30 000 but with a scaleback so that you may only be able to get say $1000.

The current market capitalisation of DCN is $247 M. Yet the total CR available to share holders is $5M; or 2% of the Market Capitilisation. One could argue that this means if you have say
    $30 000 worth of shares, and apply for $30000 more, your minimum likely allocation is $600. I tend to think only half the investors will want to participate, so this may push up to $ 1200; and so optimistically you should apply for $2000; definitely not $30 000.

Many of those who apply for $30 000 will therefore end up with say $28 000 'dead money' over 1-2 months.
    So I personally think the Company should have simply made a 1:20 offer, with hope of raising $10M. To me, this is advantageous to both the Company and investors - whereas the current approach provides lots of uncertainty - and I think it is somewhat patronising. (DCN saying you can invest $30000 when realistic most investors can't)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.