BRL 3.31% 78.0¢ bathurst resources limited.

Ann: Daily share buy-back notice - Appendix 3E, page-8

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 85
    Re #1...that is what I would have deduced...that RIM etc. want a return on their investments.  But if I was RIM, I would ask management to do exactly what I have been saying all along...BRL needs to beat their own drum hard.  I have already explained what needs to be done.  Hire an IR, do conference calls, go marketing your company like crazy, improve your website etc.  The lack of any of these efforts, makes BRL a de facto privately held company.  Since you live in Singapore, you should ask RIM and beer buddy ExpatSingapore why they don't put pressure on BRL management to market their own company?  And I simply don't understand this "keep your head down" approach.  It is one thing to not bang your own drum in NZ's press and public...but it is something else to do so with investors in Australia and the rest of the world.  Otherwise the only buyer of BRL shares will be the company itself, and they have a finite amount of cash...and lots of potential sellers.

Re #2...I don't know the gory details on the takeover...I only got to know about it after the deal was announced in Nov 2016.  So you may be dead right...but until the story is told, it is impossible to know how/what happened. 

Re #3.  Some NZ people I met recently explained why the Kiwis view their land differently...than say the Aussies.  Plus, NZ is doing pretty well economically these days.  So why bother with "dirty" coal?  Let's slowly kill this industry.  How else do you explain BRL going to Canada to get their future growth, and not NZ itself?  Finally, Jacinda Arden is of a persuasion which is misguidedly hostile to the oil/coal industry.  Who knows what kind of damage she can do...Talleys notwithstanding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
78.0¢
Change
0.025(3.31%)
Mkt cap ! $149.2M
Open High Low Value Volume
75.0¢ 78.0¢ 74.5¢ $14.06K 18.55K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 4234 75.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
78.0¢ 9139 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.