SPR 0.39% $1.28 spartan resources limited

Thanks for the link pb…. Interesting to see how back then...

1. 18,369 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3827
    Thanks for the link pb….
    Interesting to see how back then (03/06/24) BGL was being praised as the standout by all (Darko Kuzmanovic and other guy ) but Matthew Fist from Firetrail - who was favouring Spartan throughout … eg:
    “Deposits getting harder (to find?) , costs are going up, grades are going down…
    With an asset like Spartan with a plus million ounce reserve, and a head grade of five to six grams per tonne with a mill that’s already built …We saw that as a fantastic addition to anyone’s portfolio in the gold space, and likely to be a ten year asset as well.
    And so from here we see continued resource growth, continued reserve growth and then really a pathway to what the right sizing of the mill is.
    – The mill’s currently got a capacity of about two and a half million tonnes per annum as I understand it … Can they find enough of a resource to fill that mill up completely, do they need to downsize it.….…I think we’ll have the answer to that in twelve months, it’s going to be exciting!”….

On the subject of the Bellevue mill I saw in that BGL notice on Friday, Bellevue intends to spend another $40 on its’ mill as part of its’ [Five year growth plan] and that note first production from the mill (originally to cost $88m in July 2022) was only ten months ago October 25, 2023.
    ….…. and it’s designed to run less than half the Dalgaranga Mill’s capacity of ore !
    IMG_9296.jpeg

So that brings me back to Spartan and Simon saying on Friday at the end of that short Matt Birney radio interview that he has people working on plans to restart the mill but that costs are still “rubbery” .. [ref]
    And the questions:​
    - how much is downsizing likely to cost? .. Vs other ways forward
    - why did Matt Fist think the answers around what is intended for the mill won’t come till twelve months (next June)? ​

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.28
Change
-0.005(0.39%)
Mkt cap ! $1.411B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.28 $1.28 $1.27 $5.145M 4.035M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 39096 $1.27

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.28 275738 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.