GNM 0.00% 1.2¢ great northern minerals limited

Most of the problem lies within the % of shares held from...

1. 226 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38
    Most of the problem lies within the % of shares held from management IMO - They do not have enough to care about. They are experienced and probably well qualified to run a company of this sort.

Reading an interesting book called skin in the game by Nassim Nicholas Taleb (recommended, interesting book) which is pretty much on this topic - Warren buffet also mentions it.

an example is "Bob did not have any skin in the game in the form of some ownership percentage at the company he worked for, he never really tried his best at work. He was just happy as long as he got his salary." - they are all currently receiving decent salaries.

Management only holds roughly 2-2.5% of SOI - they need to be more deeply invested for them to care. Now, if they held over 10-15% of the company they would have much more interest in boosting the SP up. with management holding, 2-2.5% between them of a 10M MC company its not life changing money.

If ownership had a larger percentage they would be more inclined to make better decisions for its SP & SH.

Yes, they have options but were given free ( i think ) & are nowhere near the money at the moment.

Just in my opinion though - what are your thoughts?

Yes, I originally bought GNM as a punt without digging too deep into it as I saw camel creek as potential & did not want to miss the boat with the upcoming results.

FYI - I did buy at 1.2c & sold at 1c.

I do hope all current SH future success & that this stock does turn around.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GNM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.