EXR 3.03% 16.0¢ elixir energy limited

Ann: Daydream-2 Operations Update, page-162

1. 768 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 351
    @qajjaq. You believe it is possible to achieve a 2000% increase in flow rate for very tight formations, which is a 20-fold increase! But why deviate the conversation to very tight formations, when the Lorelle has been assessed as 'high permeability' and free flowing? My estimate of the permeability in the Lorelle is somewhere between 0.3mD and 1.6mD, so it is low permeability, but nowhere near the magnitude of very tight formation like shale (nano Darcy permeability). .

An example of very tight formation would be shale, but to my knowledge if shales do not flow prior to fracking, then how can you say there will be a 20-fold increase? As you are probably aware, the fact that they need to rely on hydraulic fraccing is why they are called unconventional.

When I worked on tight carbonate stimulation design (albeit acid fraccing), I was able to achieve a 3- fold increase in well productivity post stimulation when the estimated chalk matrix permeability was 1-2mD. There were hardly any natural fractures in the rock, which is why it was stimulated. The Lorelle is in the same ball park permeability as this chalk formation, so following @2020Mustang's query regarding possible formation damage due to delay in the operations, I believe there may be scope in enhancing the well productivity further by fracture stimulation either in the near future or for DD-3.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EXR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.