SXE 2.03% $1.76 southern cross electrical engineering ltd

As per my earlier post I'm not sure your conclusion of an...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 4,891 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 893
    As per my earlier post I'm not sure your conclusion of an independent assessment of $150,000 value against a $11m claim is correct even though it was also my original reading.

I've changed my interpretation of the situation after reviewing the 2 announcements, specifically:
    1. The DCG announcement notes the arbitration is still ongoing (as does today's)
    2. Today's SXE announcement notes "the purpose of these adjudication processes is to provide a payment amount on account only" etc.

My interpretation is that SXE was trying to obtain an adjudication for payment of the full amount but they've received an order for only a tiny fraction, presumably pending completion of arbitration.

The "Current Status" section of today's announcement distinguishes between the "adjudication application" and "arbitration" (which is continuing).

So I'm not sure your assumption is correct. My interpretation is that of the $11m claimed $150k has been adjudicated for payment and they're still arguing over the remainder as part of arbitration.

I'm by no means an expert in the process and my interpretation is still speculative but I'm now reading yesterday's announcement as an interim step in a long process of convincing a succession of third parties that SXE does have the necessary documentation to back up their claims (or at least they seem to think they do).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.