SXE 0.55% $1.81 southern cross electrical engineering ltd

#brkabrkb I apologise that it has taken me this long to respond....

1. 21 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    #brkabrkb I apologise that it has taken me this long to respond. Thank you for your bold attempt to quantify the amount of reported revenue relating to this claim and also giving us a bit of insight into auditor parameters. I understand you to be saying that SXE has likely reported no more than $1m of the claim as revenue. If I have read corrrectly, with due respect, I believe your conclusion is implausible. Apparently SXE has clocked up $11m in unpaid billables which the MD says are "substantive claims" and " [SXE] is confident as to its entitlement" (source: ASX announcement 11 June 2020). Some vague part of that $11m has been reported as revenue in 2019. If the MD believes himself, it stretches credibility that he would reduce "substantive" revenue of $11m to $1m or less, even with "constraint". Unfortunately this makes the MD's claim that SXE "does not believe this matter will have a material impact on the financial performance of the company" similarly unbelievable, since no provision has been made (to balance the revenue previously claimed) and the claim now appears largely illusory (following the adjudication outcome). I am also disappointed that the auditors (KPMG) show more interest in covering their butts with indeterminate discussion on "Key Audit matters" rather than serving shareholders with clear communication. I remain holding but I'm an unhappy camper and, unless this feeling clears up, I won't be around after SP goes through $0.64.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SXE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.