FDM 0.00% 1.1¢ freedom oil and gas ltd

Food for thought. Correct me if I'm wrong but if we bought...

1. 253 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 11
    Food for thought.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if we bought Fayetteville in
    June 2011  - The price would be approx $4.5b.
    June 2012 - The price would be approx $2.0b
    (Write off of $2.8b June 2012 - check out BHP Annual report 2014).
    Note that the oil price (for crude Oil) at that time of BHP's write off was somewhere between
    $90 and $120 a barrel.
    POO today is $49.

So - Had we bought this asset at anytime between June 2011 (assuming it was avaiable for sale the whole time) to say up to 3 months ago, we would be bust, caput, see ya later.

But - by holding off (and assuming we do indeed buy it soon - or something like it), we are essentially saving the wages off all the executives annual salaries combined by a a factor of say 5 for every day this trend remains. I say, gee I'm glad we have our team.

Seems to me, if our team were at BHP, they would of sold Fayetteville for $4.5b a few years ago and now bought it back for $1b (not the other way around).

IMAGINE BUYING SOMETHING 3 MONTHS AGO AND HAVING TO WRITE 1/2 OF IT OFF NOW.
    Good times to have $500m LOC for 5 years with a 2% Interest Rate and private investors wanting in.

I mean some assets we can buy now would be profitable to us despite not being profitable to the companies selling simply because of our 2% funding rate. Eg: If your funding cost was say 6% oppossed to our 2% on a $1b asset. You have to find $40m more a year just for the interest.

Good times man.

oil graph29 jan 15.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FDM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.