NST 1.45% $14.73 northern star resources ltd

Seems like the typical volatility this stock now trades with....

1. 12,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    Seems like the typical volatility this stock now trades with. There were some good value tests of gold producer stocks with the last big pull back. I personally don't believe we will see those levels tested again but for the patient investor/trader of this stock waiting could be lucrative. I have my portfolio weighting of NST pretty much set for the long run and trading a few at the margin seems attractive with the volatility the company displays.

NST ain't going out of business any time soon. Paying dividends, spending on new mines and resource/reserve drilling, all the while with their cash pile growing. All these companies will have quarters that beat expectations and others that don't as they transition mining between deposits and their mix of spend on exploration, resource/reserve drilling and development and stope mining changes. That's gold mining. Gold is not a dead commodity, it actually seems quite a stable commodity by comparison to other commodities, like uranium, copper, nickel, zinc, iron ore, aluminium. Gold just attracts a lot of emotion that those other commodities don't. And by the same token NST is not a dead or withering company, it has actually just grown very rapidly in the last few years at what is just really a unsustainable rate. The company now needs time to swallow and digest it's current assets before it can take the next steps, whatever they might be. With the cash it hold ~$300 million and undrawn lending facilities of ~$100 million the company has significant liquidity for whatever it might want to do in the future. Look around and tell me how many other ASX gold companies have more than $400 million of liquidity currently? Esh

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NST (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.73
Change
0.210(1.45%)
Mkt cap ! $16.92B
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.56 $14.80 $14.54 $63.61M 4.321M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 25972 $14.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.79 3840 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
NST (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.