PLS 3.34% $2.89 pilbara minerals limited

As I have explained multiple times, DMT and WMT are units of...

1. 3,463 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3013
    As I have explained multiple times, DMT and WMT are units of measurement for the same product. DMT simply removes the variable of moisture. I provided examples as to why reporting in terms of DMT provides clarity as moisture rates can vary. I will repeat: It is a mathematical conversion not physical to report in terms of DMT rather than WMT.
    SAME PRODUCT.

I also explained PLS stated "cash costs" are more comprehensive than what AJM would release. PLS included all of the C1 components AJM reported along with royalties and accounted for byproduct credits making the PLS "cash costs" C2.

Also PLS reported "cash costs" as delivered to China CIF which means they included freight and insurance costs through to the customer in China. AJM on the other hand did not; they reported FOB - onto the bulk carrier at Pt Hedland in Australia.

You now seem to be talking about Capex related costs from construction. I am not going to take the time to explain how and why Capex costs are accounted for in a different manner - particularly prior to declaration of commercial production. However suffice to say the construction Capex costs you mentioned are irrelevant to current quarterly Opex. Also your calculator appears broken if you think 100 staff at $100kpa would chew up $112m.

You seem confused as to what Cash Costs of Production means. It is the cost per tonne of product produced NOT cost per tonne of ore processed. So it is absurd that you persist in claiming the cash cost per tonne of Spodomene Concentrate should be applied by yourself to the figure stated for total ore processed to "fix" their reporting.

Costs vary between miners in all resource sectors. I will point out that PLS recovery rates were signifcantly higher than AJMs at the time of the last reported figures which easily accounts for their lower cash cost per tonne. There are obviously other factors involved as well.

Finally I am absolutely baffled that you took issue with them not including AJM costs for their December quarter numbers even though they did not take ownership of that asset in the quarter.https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2859/2859467-94962ab86d89e7105311178182430687.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.89
Change
-0.100(3.34%)
Mkt cap ! $8.699B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.95 $2.97 $2.89 $45.17M 15.51M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 335341 $2.89

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.90 154500 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 22/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.