EVN 0.46% $4.34 evolution mining limited

Ann: December 2020 Quarterly Report, page-93

1. 259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 78
    Hi Exised

I appreciate your comments. I think we have the same investment strategy. I’m also very heavily invested in miners of monetary metals and in gold and silver bullion. That strategy has served me extremely well, but I think the truly spectacular returns have yet to come.

I think central banks will lose control. I hope that happens in both of our life times! We’ve watched ‘the can being kicked down the road’ for decades. I think the can will get to the end of the road, through runaway printing of money which is not backed by gold.

The real question is when will that happen. The fiat currency system will have its 50th anniversary later this year. I think we’re much closer to the end of that system than we are to its beginning. Fractures are beginning to appear. I’m not aware of any historical precedent where there has been a society that has operated on fiat currency that ultimately did not collapse.

Whilst I like the choices and opportunities that money provides me and my family, the end of the fiat system is far more important to me than mere money. Two centuries ago, according to Professor Google, a Scotsman called Tytler said that democracy can only exist until the majority of people realise that they can vote themselves money from the public purse. I share that view. I think we’re witnessing the effects of that now, particularly in the US.

Anyway, now that I’ve got all that off my chest, I should say something about EVN. I’ll repeat something I said recently on this thread. It’s the last gold stock I’ll sell, and one that I will continue to add on weakness.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.34
Change
-0.020(0.46%)
Mkt cap ! $8.631B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.37 $4.40 $4.34 $26.32M 6.035M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
8 38342 $4.34

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.35 4283 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 27/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.