LPE 0.00% 13.5¢ locality planning energy holdings limited

Another poor result, very unfortunate IMO.The Blackrock funding...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 58 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Another poor result, very unfortunate IMO.
    The Blackrock funding cost was 6% of $15m fee to the broker (?) who organised it on top of the interest of 10% p.a. - I think - may be worth checking with records or the company to be sure - but I think it is well known...
    Assuming they are happy to pay the broker again 6% to replace the $15m (plus any other money), there is another $900,000 to go out (my guess is before March 31st or June 30th, as discussions are well advanced...). With 9 months to go, they are testing the "can pay bills as and when they are due" ($15m) - so presumably are quite confident fo refinance.... - They may get terms for the likely fee / or broker offers free replacement ??
    Unfortunately, hard to see way out of trading to profit other than CR to support losses - but at what discount? with SP at 11c would be hard to put more money in. Perhaps the finance broker could take fee as stock to alleviate this issue? (say) $960,000 at 10cps would be 9.6m shares (the broker would then have 10% of the company...) - so may not be the desired route.
    I still think interest (at 10% or 16%) on $15m is really a COGS (i.e. before gross margin) not a financing cost - as it is an intrinsic part of the product being sold - but accept that is not the accounting standard - so unlikely to happen - I just don't like EBITDA or EBIT being used as a reference point where so much debt and interest is involved in the business performance.
    In the old days (pre AASB16 Leases) EBITDA gave a indication for Pre Capex Cash Flow, which is why the market liked and used it - here those measures are not great measures of business performance because there is so much interest involved in generating revenue - JMO
    I hope LPE can pull a rabbit out of a hat and do well from here - I like the sector - but this one is not for me
    (I bought/sold at 23c for breakeven, waiting for news/results to get back in - not going to happen yet on this announcement.....)
    Note EAX averted problems with Banking but Directors put in $1.5m (with $1m to CBA) and terms softened for 12 months before reverting again to current...
    I like the sector - it should be good - but it is not easy.... no doubt the best businesses have great Management and Boards

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.