LPE 4.35% 12.0¢ locality planning energy holdings limited

Another poor result, very unfortunate IMO.The Blackrock funding...

1. 57 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 9
    Another poor result, very unfortunate IMO.
    The Blackrock funding cost was 6% of $15m fee to the broker (?) who organised it on top of the interest of 10% p.a. - I think - may be worth checking with records or the company to be sure - but I think it is well known...
    Assuming they are happy to pay the broker again 6% to replace the $15m (plus any other money), there is another $900,000 to go out (my guess is before March 31st or June 30th, as discussions are well advanced...). With 9 months to go, they are testing the "can pay bills as and when they are due" ($15m) - so presumably are quite confident fo refinance.... - They may get terms for the likely fee / or broker offers free replacement ??
    Unfortunately, hard to see way out of trading to profit other than CR to support losses - but at what discount? with SP at 11c would be hard to put more money in. Perhaps the finance broker could take fee as stock to alleviate this issue? (say) $960,000 at 10cps would be 9.6m shares (the broker would then have 10% of the company...) - so may not be the desired route.
    I still think interest (at 10% or 16%) on $15m is really a COGS (i.e. before gross margin) not a financing cost - as it is an intrinsic part of the product being sold - but accept that is not the accounting standard - so unlikely to happen - I just don't like EBITDA or EBIT being used as a reference point where so much debt and interest is involved in the business performance.
    In the old days (pre AASB16 Leases) EBITDA gave a indication for Pre Capex Cash Flow, which is why the market liked and used it - here those measures are not great measures of business performance because there is so much interest involved in generating revenue - JMO
    I hope LPE can pull a rabbit out of a hat and do well from here - I like the sector - but this one is not for me
    (I bought/sold at 23c for breakeven, waiting for news/results to get back in - not going to happen yet on this announcement.....)
    Note EAX averted problems with Banking but Directors put in $1.5m (with $1m to CBA) and terms softened for 12 months before reverting again to current...
    I like the sector - it should be good - but it is not easy.... no doubt the best businesses have great Management and Boards

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LPE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
12.0¢
Change
0.005(4.35%)
Mkt cap ! $21.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.5¢ 12.0¢ 11.5¢ $42.79K 371.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 17391 11.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
12.0¢ 243126 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.12pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LPE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.