DEL 4.00% 4.8¢ delorean corporation limited

I don't know where the bottom is, or if DEL wil drift lower....

1. 387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 593
    I don't know where the bottom is, or if DEL wil drift lower. There is no new information in the market, so the selling is just sentiment. People are selling because others are selling. The overall DEL thesis remains the same, although confidence in management decreases slowly day-by-day! I have no idea either how to value this company. The potential is huge, technology is proven, team is in place to build these centres, finance is in place. But potential doesn't automatically translate into profit, especially if shareholders are paying for management's on-the-job training.

I was stupid enough to buy a small parcel at 11 cents, a day after the finance announcement in October and the share price had spiked. I am starting to think the key is to buy shares in small cap companies like this in between announcements, when everyone is bored and fed-up (aka, right now). I somehow timed the top perfectly -- because an hour later, there was a trading halt, the retail division closure was announced and the share price dropped sharply I think my trade was very top before the trading halt. And it's been all downhill every since. I like what EmptyTrolley did last year. He reported buying a big parcel before the financing announcement and selling at a profit on the day. Good on him. He deserved it. I wonder if history will repeat itself with FID and breaking ground on SA1 and VIC1.

We're up nine per cent today!!! On only $2,500 of trade -- I guess that was yours, drinking; well done, sir. A good pick up! The next buy order will put us up another ten per cent. Five or six cents per share is very tempting, if only to get one's average price a little lower. I reckon if we hit an even 5 cents (and hopefully we don't), I'd be too tempted, and put a small order in. My current average price is 15.2c, after starting at 21c. Getting it down to 10-12c would be nice.

I've moved DEL to my speculative mining and energy transition small caps online brokerage account for non-dividend paying stocks. It's a pleasure to not have to look at it daily, and it's no longer in with my core holdings of ASX200 stocks and ETFs, standing out like a shiny red beacon of negativity. Out of sight, but obviously not out-of-mind, going by my frequent posts to this forum I am starting to wonder how I ever managed with just one brokerage account! It's a nice little mental trick for stocks I want to continue holding but are in the red and speculative.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
-0.002(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $10.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 4.8¢ 4.8¢ $1.68K 35K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 457000 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 30000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.8¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 2.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.8¢ 4.8¢ 4.8¢ 1190
Last updated 13.11pm 24/05/2024 ?
DEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.