DEL 4.00% 4.8¢ delorean corporation limited

Retail division was always smoke and mirrors, in my opinion. No...

1. 387 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 593
    Retail division was always smoke and mirrors, in my opinion. No different to Amaysim, Aldi Mobile or another re-seller of Telstra/Optus/Vodafone utilities; or one of the dozens of power companies buying on the open market or from Origin or AGL, and putting their logo on the invoice. We never had any real re-newable power to sell. I was never able to find any advertising or information online about to whom Delorean was selling this power or how it was being promoted. The whole division is a mystery to me. I was unable to find a single advertisement anywhere about our retail energy division. I still don't know where it existed.

When we have these plants built and actually have something to offer (clean, green gas or electricity) we'll have the licenses and relationships with AGIG, plus perhaps the billing software already in place. We won't be starting from scratch and the previous efforts won't have been for nothing. We are further along the learning curve, for what that's worth. It will be easier to re-activate what we were doing than to begin from nothing. I suspect we won't actually be selling our green gas or electricity. We'll simply inject X number of units of gas into the mains pipeline per year, and sell an equivalent amount of units under the Delorean name as it comes online. I always thought the retail division was disingenuous. We can't claim to be a re-newable, vertically-integrated clean energy company and sell gas or coal-generated electricity as Delorean Energy.

Unfortunately, the more we average down (quite easy, at the current share price!) the more exposed we are to DEL. As the share price only seems to move in one direction (down), the greater the losses and the more averaging down that is required in the future at even lower levels. What a sad state of affairs! It wouldn't be hard to dump a large-ish amount into DEL and average down to 7 or 8 cents. That would be great, if there was some upward movement and chance to break even. Here's hoping Final, Final FFID will bring some turn-around in our fortunes. I still think 2022 was a wasted year. If everything falls into place this year, all the hard work and grief will have been worth it.

I'm not valuing DEL on any P/E or Price to Sales metric. It's all about building these plants and their enjoying their future recurring revenue. What makes me nervous is how totally beholden we are to Palisade now. Retail division is gone. If we don't have their funding and FID approval for the plants, we really have four fifths of bugger all. Which makes this a speculative investment, and not somewhere I want to have a large amount of my portfolio or wealth.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
-0.002(4.00%)
Mkt cap ! $10.35M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.8¢ 4.8¢ 4.8¢ $1.68K 35K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 457000 4.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.9¢ 30000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.02am 24/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.8¢
  Change
-0.002 ( 2.04 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.8¢ 4.8¢ 4.8¢ 1190
Last updated 13.11pm 24/05/2024 ?
DEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.