DEL 11.9% 4.7¢ delorean corporation limited

Of course the money flowing in during the last quarter mostly...

1. 2,175 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 197
    Of course the money flowing in during the last quarter mostly relates to YVW. Basic accounting and commercial practices for EPC contracts will be one of two ways:
    - Delorean pays costs up to a certain value, adds on a margin and recharges to the client.
    - Pre-approval for large payments is obtained from the client --> money sent to Delorean including a margin --> supplier paid.

I highly doubt any funding will be provided for significant periods in advance, probably fortnightly or monthly invoicing which is standard practice. Now YVW has entered construction the overall project expenditure will significantly increase, leading to increased margins (and cash balance assuming the project is completed to budgets and margins stay in tact).

I really think holders that have suffered through listing may struggle to look past the performance during the COVID affected years. How many private building companies went bust/had to be bailed out? Like @StockyBonbon said these years should be wiped off from a profit point of view. No one was making money on contracts that were signed pre-COVID and did not include inflationary adjustments to cover bottom lines. Delorean has stated this contract has these measures in place so margins should be retained.

I get your points and other longer term holders with slow progress but ask yourself how could they realistically speed up new project development and obtain external funding in an unprofitable operating environment? That's why these consecutive quarterlies are so important in showcasing the company can deliver profitably and the underlying investment thesis is viable. This will be key to sourcing funding for the self-owned projects with prospective financers unlikely to front funds to a company not making a profit. Now that they've shown it can be done profitably today (with future interest rates all but confirmed as decreasing), funding should be able to be easily sourced. Add in the know-how of building these things (IP) which has been learned over these years is invaluable, which you did highlight yourself.

End of the day the stock was trading about x5 higher not so long ago with a very similar capital structure. I (and I imagine a lot of fresh eyes) see great value here where you (and probably a lot of existing holders) see a door to try and exit with as little losses as possible. It's a shame they listed when they did. The timing couldn't of been worse. The fact they got through COVID without needing to dilute at basement prices is key and where investors see this as awfully slow progress I see it as a good time to enter and capitalise on growth coming out this period whilst the Company is showing it can be profitable. With YVW going through until 2025 that's at least a year to source new projects for the pipeline and transition development projects to construction.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.7¢
Change
0.005(11.9%)
Mkt cap ! $10.13M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.2¢ 4.7¢ 4.0¢ $3.803K 86.32K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 319315 4.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.8¢ 4080 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.53pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
4.4¢
  Change
0.005 ( 0.90 %)
Open High Low Volume
4.3¢ 4.5¢ 4.3¢ 83714
Last updated 15.32pm 10/05/2024 ?
DEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.