CDM 0.67% 74.0¢ cadence capital limited

I think the answer is yes. Karl and the team have revised their...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 5,115 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 404
    I think the answer is yes. Karl and the team have revised their investment and research strategy since early last year. Prior to that his performance (as measured over the last 4-5 years) had been dismal due to the Melbourne IT debacle. They (CDM) have lifted their game and once the Deep Green transaction goes thru, they will have a clean sheet of listed equities (mostly long) in the PF. I like the mixture of US and Oz stocks. I note that the SP has risen fairly strongly today on a down day and that may coincide with the Deep Green update. Dangerous buying just anticipating that something is going to happen. I havent done the calculations to see how much the DG transaction will add to the NTA, but CDM still has some dividend credits up its sleeve and, as Karl is by far the biggest SH (having added significantly to his holdings over the past 12 months) its a good enough reason to hold for the time being. Other LICs may also be trading at a premium to NTA and as Karl himself is holding on, good enough for me.
    However a caveat..... at the start of last year, Karls actions re Melbourne IT were so disasterous and irresponsible that I didnt want to see or listen to him, so wealth destroying was his previous actions. It was only last year when I was looking to place some money for my wife, that I revisited CDM, looked at the revised portfolio, and bought more for my wife and SMSF at .58 cents. Happy now, but wasnt then !

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.