DRM 0.00% 33.0¢ demetallica limited

Or maybe blend the ore from the very high grade stopes that are...

1. 33,657 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1786
    Or maybe blend the ore from the very high grade stopes that are possibly semi hand mined with Airlegs , and mucked out with mini LHDs or trams , with ore from lower grade UG stopes that are mined by all trackless machinery or from another mine close by ,( as SLR and NGF have done for years ) there are several pits within 15kms of deflector one of which was drilled about a year ago , obviously more drilling needed though .
    Another advantage being if there is a problem at Deflector ie seismic event there is an alternative ore supply, plus blended ore sometimes has better recoveries due to kinematics in leach tanks than a single ore supply that may only be fresh rock rather than oxide and transition or fresh rock blended together .
    Summing up just because some ore is being sourced as higher grade but lower tonnage does not mean overall tonnage per day supplied to the ROM pad needs to be lower as ore can be sourced from multiple stopes at the same time plus there are other advantages with a more insured ore supply and possibly improved recoveries .
    Just my thoughts and obviously this is just amature musings and is not in anyway professional , what to me though that seems indisputable is that the discovery of more ozs at what has to be above the cut off grade means life of mine is increasing which has to push down the capital intensity cost per oz of the mine and therefore possibly lower long term AISC .

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DRM (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.