SFR 0.34% $8.73 sandfire resources limited

This might interest you vcj. It's not about SFR, but is relevant...

1. 13,811 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 690
    This might interest you vcj. It's not about SFR, but is relevant as regards vms and copper in WA. This is an extract from a story in a certain free publication on Tuesday. Golden Grove is now a 29 Metals asset, Archaean vms and not paleoproterozoic as is the Bryah. Given what has happened at GG (as below), might there indeed be more lenses at depth near C5.

Since EMR bought Golden Grove in 2017 (from MinMetals), you’ve spent around $230 million to expand it and extend its life. How long do assets like these have to go when you put that level of investment in?

When EMR secured this asset some four years ago it had a mine life of only 3 years, it only had about 3 million tonnes in reserves.
    Today it’s got a 10 year mine life, it’s got 13Mt in reserves, it’s got a copper equivalent grade of over 4% because we produce copper, zinc, lead, gold and silver there, and a copper grade of over 4% is just outstanding.
    With these systems and it’s a VMS system, they just keep on giving. Golden Grove has been going for over 30 years and whilst we’ve got a 10 year mine life now it’s almost certainly going to go for a lot longer than that.
    Once you get into these orebodies and you’re able to establish drill platforms underground you can extend orebodies, you can go deeper and you can go laterally.
    We’ve got two mines at Golden Grove with multiple orebodies, so multiple mining fronts and we’re in the process of a feasibility study for a third mining front. So this thing is going to keep on growing as long as we keep committing the dollars to the drill bit and that is what our intention is.
    It’s been done very successfully by EMR over the last four years and 29Metals will leverage off that. We’re ideally positioned to be continuing that growth plan and that strategy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SFR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$8.73
Change
0.030(0.34%)
Mkt cap ! $3.992B
Open High Low Value Volume
$8.72 $8.73 $8.56 $8.515M 980.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 28010 $8.72

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$8.73 6502 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SFR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.