DEL 5.88% 3.6¢ delorean corporation limited

I was encouraged also by the LinkedIn posts showing where Planum...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    I was encouraged also by the LinkedIn posts showing where Planum personnel had liked Delorean announcements recently. Maybe it was you who posted that information. Anyway, it was an excellent piece of detective work! Very interesting and encouraging.

In regards to what you wrote about paying for waste "in a worst-case outcome" l suspect that would make Delorean unprofitable. I remember discussion here on HC last year about the SA Blue Lake build. The plant owners had said something about this in an interview. It was only the free grain husk inputs making it profitable and without that, it's loss-making. I'm sketchy on the details without digging back 9 months. From what I remember, we have no problems with receiving toll fees for organic waste. And the tolls are rising. Some states more than others. We obtain revenue from the tolls, electricity produced, digestate, and perhaps future carbon credits. However if we had to pay for the raw material waste, our economic model is sunk. It's Game Over. I'm not saying this based on any detailed financial analysis, only from my fallible memory of previous discussion and interviews with Hamish. Your point is excellent. I hadn't considered how unpredictable, future gate fees would be impacting negotiations. It's all very easy and detail-free when you're sitting on your sofa typing messages on HC!

The SA1 plant site is coincidentally right next door to the northern Adelaide councils' waste / rubbish collection facility.

I agree too about the comments of lifestyle companies on the ASX. I've come across some myself. I do not get that impression with Delorean. These guys seem focused on achieving what they're trying to do. They're fully invested in DEL themselves financially. And they're lifelong professionals in their field. Also, it's hardly a sexy business. They could have flogged off a greater percentage of shares in the IPO too but wanted to retain a controlling interest in what they'd started. It's not exactly a small gourmet cheese and boutique wine company in the Hunter Valley, and even their office looks modest when you search for it on Google Maps (1205 Hay St. West Perth). I'm not seeing the trappings of wealth and waste. Just a couple of hard-working, knowledgeable professionals who will either succeed (and we all do very well financially) or not (in which case we do poorly).

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.