DEL 5.88% 3.6¢ delorean corporation limited

I couldn't agree with you more. Regal shouldn't be involved, and...

1. 392 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 601
    I couldn't agree with you more. Regal shouldn't be involved, and the gain needed to recover to IPO price is big. However being a micro cap, we only need a couple of decent announcements and buyers to re-enter, and the situation changes. We bounced from 20 to 25 cents in a couple of days last year after the Brickworks announcement. Remember how Afterpay dropped, to $10 in March 2020 (along with Kogan and many retailers) only to recover to $160. Look at Zip and the BNPL stocks now. I wouldn't buy Zip shares today even with your money! Sentiment can and does change, often quickly.

Our disadvantage is we don't know what's happening behind the scenes regarding new contract wins or Planum Partners finance. Either we trust that negotiations are at an advanced stage as Hamish and Joe have said, or we don't. Hopefully (hope shouldn't be a strategy but, yeah, "hopefully") there's a Plan B and C with other finance options. Hopefully the company's fate doesn't rest solely upon finance approval from Plannum Partners.

This is why I was asking about fire sale / enterprise value a couple of weeks ago -- something you allude to in your post. What is the enterprise worth aside from the glossy PPT presentation and plans for the future? Dabozza helped to explain this in his helpful reply.

My view is the further down the road we can get, with more projects completed and more contracts won, the safer investors will be. A lot depends upon whether we can get to a point where half a dozen facilities are operational, producing power each day, a dividend is being paid, and a few new facilities are under construction at any given time.

Things are moving slower than I would have hoped. There's been little in the way of positive announcements to offset the negativity of higher interest rates. I can't understand why why the Plannum process is taking six plus months.

I guess you need to ask yourself what you feel the company is worth today at sale value (totally ignoring the current share price, which is almost irrelevant). As a shareholder you're assuming the risk that future projects materialise and are completed. Perhaps the majority of the market is not prepared to take that gamble at the moment. Therefore the potential upside is high, but according to the market so is the downside. Another issue is how deep you're in with DEL, and whether you'd be prepared to buy more to dollar cost average at this price? My own holding is very small (< 10,000). I'd like to buy more but find myself wondering what the catalyst for a re-rate would be? Another contract win? A government grant win? How much would Plannum approval add to the share price -- five cents per share?

Disappointing, most certainly. All the best to you, Axed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.6¢
Change
0.002(5.88%)
Mkt cap ! $7.765M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.4¢ 3.6¢ 3.2¢ $4.901K 140.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 749 3.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.7¢ 200000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.21pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.