DEL 0.00% 13.0¢ delorean corporation limited

DEL will own 50% of the SPV's for VIC1 and SA1. The ownership...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 189 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 84

DEL will own 50% of the SPV's for VIC1 and SA1. The ownership may change going forward for a whole raft of reasons (i.e. a refinance event, a sell down event or other) - but let's assume its 50/50 on a HTM (Hold to Maturity) basis for 25 years. I would assume under the shareholders agreement that both parties have some kind of a first right over the other's interest in a sell down scenario.

Refer Page 1, dot 6 of the announcement: Palisade will also receive equal ordinary equity interest in the Immediate Projects together
    with Delorean in excess of the preferred return.

So, IN ADDITION to Palisades 12% capitalised interest (converting into DEL shares) they are also going to get 50% of the ordinary equity in the SPVs. There is a small question mark on the ownership of VIC 1 because the landholder had 10% free carry. So does the landholder still have 10% or are DEL and Palisade splitting the residual ownership of the residual ordinary equity 45%/45%? Not sure, relatively immaterial point in any event. It is fairly typical to see 'drag' rights in these shareholder structures whereby the landholder is forced to sell it's minority holding - so it may well be 50/50. Both 45/45 and 50/50 would satisfy the 'equal ordinary equity interest point''.

Just because Palisade are ''funding'' 100% of the capital cost (and Devex cost) does not mean they have a right to own 100% of the equity. This is just a disproportionate capital funding arrangement, and quite common. As said earlier, what have DEL given up? - they have given up 50% of their SPV ownership, as well as some dilution to make this deal work - in exchange for Palisade funding 100% of the construction cost.

VIC1 and SA1 put together - I think its about $43m+ (somewhere hear).

So DEL will own 50% of the projects at least VIC1 and SA1 and in addition to this they will extract value from the other contracts - i.e. construction (EPC Margin) and O&M. It would appear they have agreed a 25 year O&M Agreement (this agreement will have a margin in it). So that is good from a DEL perspective. DEL calls this a ''commercial margin''.

Where does 12% come from? Palisade's view of the risk in the short term. In the end this has to be an arms-length interest rate (commercial as you suggest).

I hope this clears up your understanding.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $28.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 13.5¢ 13.0¢ $23.89K 179.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 50076 13.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
13.5¢ 283562 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.23pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.