SP1 0.00% $1.07 southern cross payments ltd

My view: not financial adviceThe market cap is always determined...

1. 1,634 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 783
    My view:
    not financial advice

• The market cap is always determined by investors (the market)
    • The market cap will be based on earnings investors anticipate and how much they are willing to pay to get a chunk of those earnings.
    • The share price will be determined by the market cap divided by the number of issued shares. It's a bit more complicated but that's the most important factor. So the number of shares isn't really important, it's the market cap that's more important, and in turn the earnings.
    • Investors value shares differently. Companies in the small to mid-cap sectors are more likely to be mispriced (will be either significantly overvalued or undervalued) because large funds don't have a presence. Emotions (fear, greed, unrealistic speculations, etc.) usually play a greater role in price speculation/determination than true earnings.
    • When ISX relists, for the first few months, there's likely to be significant mispricing due to emotions from the suspension. No one can tell for certain if it will be mispriced upwards or downwards.
    • Investors have different pocket sizes. The ones with more money to invest usually make the more rational decisions and ultimately stabilise the share price.
    • Until investors have a clearer view of what the earnings are likely to be, it will be difficult to correctly value the company. It will take several months to get there.
    • This will be the same outcome whether ISX lists as ISX on ASX or ISXFEU on a different exchange, and regardless of the number of issued shares.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP1 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.