D13 0.00% 4.1¢ delaware thirteen ltd

Ann: Department 13 receives new US Patent, page-22

1. 1,502 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    Tasergun, thanks for picking up my lazy wording.
    I didn't mean that the US government could claim ownership of Mesmer IP, but I recall reading reports previously where the US gov't threatened to step in on national security grounds to stop technology transfer when it related to defence IP transfer to foreigners e.g. D13's other RF IP - it was in the context that there was a possibility that it could benefit foreign powers or could be used against the US.

I take your point re D13 monetising the IP. The nub of what I'm trying to get at is I don't won't to be diddled by a slight of hand trick where the IP is owned by a separate entity/person that can sever it's ties with the parent body (D13) and walk away with the IP.
    From my reading of these announcements it appears quite possible.

My understanding after having negotiated IP contracts on behalf of the Australian Government to assign, licence and control IP, is that this is an area fraught with legalities where exclusive licence arrangements do not give the licensee ownership which can be stripped. The terms and conditions determine the exact circumstances.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add D13 (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.