AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

I am not going to go through the announcements to provide the...

1. 2,583 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2636
    I am not going to go through the announcements to provide the details but if I recall correctly the GEN-II chip is supposedly 8 times louder than the GEN-I. i.e. 1 GEN-II chip delivers the same level of 'loudness' as 8 GEN-I chips. This makes the system significantly less costly to deploy.

Loudness is an idea that has to be experienced as actual sound, e.g. music. It is not going to be white noise pumped out at max volume across all frequencies. The question will be how loud a baseline or drumbeat is, and can you hear all the top notes without any hiss at the same time.

As these indications are yet to be described and compared in detail based on finished product and quoted as actual specs I think we will just have to wait and see (or rather hear) what is offered commercially to know just how good they are. I am betting my money on the commercial chip being a game changing device.

Remember too that voice coil speakers supposedly turn >90% of all the power they use into heat by the process of accelerating and decelerating the mass of the speaker cone. I think we are all going to be amazed at the sound that we hear. As was indicated initially the paradigm of the sound chip vs the voice coil cone speaker will be fairly compared to the 4K OLED display vs the wide screen CRT. While both convey the 'same' information there are so many differences it will need to be experienced to appreciate how paradigm shifting it will be. Or that is my expectation at least. At this point it is all conjecture that needs to be demonstrated and costed out for the industrial customer to see just how much impact it will have.
    Last edited by BobF: 30/05/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.