ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,098 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1168
    I don't think you are getting the message Stirer. Yes, you might have the odd truck load of "20-40 percent grades" but the average should be the reserve grade which is published at 17.9 percent and based on 5 percent dilution. If that dilution is higher then the grade goes down. I think you will be lucky to keep dilution below 20 percent which reduce the reserve grade from 17.9 percent to 16 percent.

You mentioned gold grades are "less than 1 percent". That is an understatement which highlights your lack of mining knowledge. Gold grades are never mesured as percentages. A grade of 10 grams per tonne is high grade and it is the equivalent of 10 parts per million (ppm) or 0.001 percent. Dilution in open pit mining for precious metals, base metals and graphite is fairly similar provided you are taking out all of the ore between the footwall and the hanging wall. When you attemp to mine the higher grades only and not the full width of the orebody you get increased dilution, especially when there isn't continuity between drill sections or grade control holes.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.