WKT 4.76% 11.0¢ walkabout resources ltd

Ann: Development Progress - Lindi Jumbo Mine, page-3933

1. 28 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 51
    I think you're being a bit silly suggesting you can get a perfectly controlled blast in any material, whether it's the lindi graphite deposit or any other mineral deposits anywhere.

As farmdownsouth eagerly points out, there's lots of variables considered in the blast design to achieve the thickness of high grade the desired ore size, overburden throw and size, risk of dilution etc. The blast design team will need to be reactive to adapt to the outcomes of a blast to refine it for the next blast. This happens on every mine regardless of mineral type.

I could also point out that drill results are only indicative of that specific location and the thickness and TGC of high grade ore zones will be different in all directions away from that borehole, which adds to the challenges facing the company. I'm sure this isn't news to the WKT mining team and I have no doubt they will have strategies to minimise those unfavourable outcomes. What they are, I'm afraid I don't have the answers and time will tell how successful they are but I do know this isn't an uncommon risk in mining. Just needs good planning and a reactive workforce to reduce the risk.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.005(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $73.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 11.0¢ 10.0¢ $30.42K 288.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 727 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 49817 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.