WKT 0.00% 10.5¢ walkabout resources ltd

Good Morning Sirrobbo,SYR was forecast to be a highly profitable...

1. 16,038 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6876
    Good Morning Sirrobbo,

SYR was forecast to be a highly profitable graphite mine, yet when they commenced commercial production they lost 50% of their coarse flakes which turned me mine into a marginal orperation, Well its slightly worse than that, they are yet to generate a profit after.

WKT is currently seeing similar issues, the measure that were expected to maintain the coarse flakes have yet to be achieved, As you know Mike confirmed only +50 -80 and +80 has been achieved in the bagging unit (SYR can produce these flakes) yet the +32 Highest value) have not been reported or achieved in any significant volume, which is concerning when the protection measure were put in place to protect the flakes.

Its is also concerning after nearly 1 months full production we haven't see WKT confirm its first bag of concentrate, we only have a marketing tweet.

@Red Adair My point was you are using covid as an excuse 2-4 years after the Chinese lock downs occurred, WKT released their forecast times lines when all the issues surrounding covid were know, It sounds like you are calling WKT incompitent giving out these short time frames to production that have blown out by well over 100%.

Yes the mine that was only meant to take 7-9 months to build has taken years, and the commissioning that was expected to only take 2 months has taken 6 months.

Time costs money and WKT cannot afford to wait around, their interest bill $480k per month, loan repayments kick in in 4 months and we all know WKT needs to hold 2 QTR's of loan repayments at all time.

Anyway, you can certainly see who the pumpers are, they don't call out their managements failures and they are talking up possible future earnings that may never be achieved, SYR is a perfect example of how difficult graphite mining is. Smaller flakes sizes equals a unprofitable mine.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
10.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $70.48M
Open High Low Value Volume
10.5¢ 11.0¢ 10.5¢ $17.55K 167.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 171468 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 221406 9
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.18pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.