MEK 3.23% 6.4¢ meeka metals limited

Thanks again @plougha) Good to get a confirmation that the the...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 1,669 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 813
    Thanks again @plough

a) Good to get a confirmation that the the issue you were highlighting is isolated to Open cut duration. Here is a breakdown of Open cut Vs Underground Ounces - 86% of ounces are from the U/G feed - So if there are any overruns in per BCM costs it would have a minor impact on the project NPV. Still good to know all risk factors so thank you for that mate.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/6242/6242137-cb6290fccb8be60239043fdeb60fd41f.jpg
    b) I am myself Keen to know if there are any folks who have the expertise to glance over the underground cost assumptions and provide a critique?

c) I am not from a technical background but more investment banking/commercial - I agree with your observation that most miners dont make profits. I am happy to see that Meeka has cut the reserves at $2200 gold and put down an AIC of $2000 in the DFS - That is a good number. Could over run by $200 easily. I see 3 possible reasons to invest here

i) Bet on a potential consolidation in region (WGX, RMS) - They can change the economics by using existing capacity/infra.
    ii) Further studies into expanding milling capacity be bringing more feed into the mine plan
    iii) Lastly, just as a low risk option on gold prices going beserk in response to geopolitical factors

The risk obviously is that 6 months down the line they will need a cap raise to support ramp up and working capital. All things considered I personally am happy to risk 33c for odds of making 50c of probability weighted exit plan.

Many thanks and Hotcopper is richer because of people with real skills like you. I appreciate your insights and feel free to share more.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MEK (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.