CRK 0.00% 26.5¢ carrick gold limited

re: Ann: Diamond Drill Programme Completion a... It's very hard...

1. 1,544 Posts.
    re: Ann: Diamond Drill Programme Completion a... It's very hard to pick the bottom or the top of any given cycle. I bought some shares in another company as a side spec the other day and sold today for a 7% profit and they went up even more afterwards! Just a bit of fun. At what point would you have sold CRK after having bought at 70c for example- when they hit 90c? Bad idea. $1.00? Maybe not a good idea. The thing is they are still way undervalued.

I bought OZL at 60c then sold for a tidy profit, then they went up further so I bought in again and sold again. I did this several times, always made money but not as much as holding on for the ride to $1.20. I finally sold out when they stabilised. Same happened with KAR, started around $2, sold out etc etc, finally sold at $10.70 but would have done MUCH better holding on for the whole ride.

I won't make this mistake with CRK which is capable of going up very rapidly in a few days. I have sold 5-10% of my holding from time to time and then bought in again lower down but I wouldn't sell more than that -far too risky. Once they finally reach what I consider to be a fair valuation then I might play with them a bit but not until and we are nowhere near that yet. I reckon that's three months or so away.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CRK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.