SGQ 3.23% 3.2¢ st george mining limited

Ann: Diamond Drilling Resumes at Mt Alexander, page-93

1. 7,564 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2077
    The discrepancy between the 2 differently acquired survey results, as pointed out by @ozblue has bothered me all afternoon. They do not agree with each other where the anomaly might located.

The annotations for each diagram state the MT/AMT is viewed looking East and the seismic is looking West which I didn't pickup on when I posted earlier. At first glance it appeared as if the 2 surveys were in accordance but in fact there is several hundred metres difference in where they place the anomaly.

They do agree with the depth of the anomaly.

ozblue's complaint is the 2D seismic can offer incorrect data and shouldn't be relied upon as a targeting tool. He might have a valid point. The drill is already going so we will have to wait and see.

The announcement of the S1 target does however give an explanation on how they determined where the target is. https://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20211201/pdf/453njflwhc8hq1.pdf

"The target dips to the north -northwest, consistent with the dip of the host structure , and lies within
    Exploration Licence E29/548 (100% St George). The target is located approximately 800m below surface."
    "The intrusive-host structure at the Cathedrals Belt is interpreted from drill hole data to dip to the north-

northwest at 40 degrees."
    "The seismic data shows that the Cathedrals Belt structure continues in the down-dip direction into E29/548

(100% St George), with the new large target located within that tenement."
    "Line 1 of the seismic survey was completed over an area with extensive drilling at Investigators. The type

of rocks intersected included massive nickel-copper sulphides, mafic rocks and granite. The drill hole data
    for these various intersections provides a reference point for interpreting the seismic recordings."

The sense that I make of it is the depth of the anomaly has been correlated with the angle of the dip of the mineralisation (as determined by drill results) and then extrapolated along the fault line. SGQ appear to have prioritized the seismic data which has confirmational supporting data.

Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 15-19-46 Draft 7 Nov 2009 - 44h4kv5n6m7zpd pdf.png Screenshot 2022-01-14 at 23-12-35 453njflwhc8hq1 pdf.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.2¢
Change
0.001(3.23%)
Mkt cap ! $31.63M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.1¢ 3.2¢ 3.1¢ $103.1K 3.316M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 3250000 3.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.2¢ 111051 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.