SGQ 8.11% 3.4¢ st george mining limited

Hi @helmeneshGlad to hear from you and that you are getting...

1. 831 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1245

Hi @helmenesh

Glad to hear from you and that you are getting better, albeit very slowly.We all miss your posts.

Appreciate your very knowledgeable views and I don’t think anyone disagrees that 3D seismic is much better that 2D but it comes at a significant cost.I’m estimating the 3 x 1km spacing lines over the 12 lineal kms cost St George around $80K to $100K.Covering the same area with a 3D seismic survey where the spacing between the lines needs to be around 100m to do it properly means it would cost the company $800K to $1M.Even if you increase the spacing it’s still big money.

It also acknowledge that major mining companies with huge reserves and millions of dollars in the bank use seismic with great success to compare results from major sized ore bodies with results of peripheral seismic anomalies.What I question is your comment that St George does not have any proven mineral structures and / or results to which they can compare so they are going from the know to the unknown.I say this because the announcement contains the following important statements that suggest otherwise:

“Modelling and interpretation of the new seismic data have identified a large target along the down-dip continuation of the Cathedrals structure at depths yet to be explored. The target has the same reflective properties as the known shallow massive sulphides.”

“Significantly, there are no other rocks known to be present in the Cathedrals Belt that could record a similar seismic recording to massive sulphides.”

“The target is modelled in 2D with a dip-extent of more than 450m. The east-west strike length and thickness cannot yet be modelled due to the 2D nature of the survey.”

“The target dips to the north-northwest, consistent with the dip of the host structure.”

“The seismic data shows that the Cathedrals Belt structure continues in the down-dip direction into E29/548 (100% St George), with the new large target located within that tenement.”

“Line 1 of the seismic survey was completed over an area with extensive drilling at Investigators. The type of rocks intersected included massive nickel-copper sulphides, mafic rocks and granite. The drill hole data for these various intersections provides a reference point for interpreting the seismic recordings.”

“Encouragingly, the reflective properties at the new target are consistent with the reflective properties of the known massive sulphides identified from existing drill core.”

Figure 1’s down plunge vectoring also provides lots of encouragement.

This is all ample reason for me to back management’s decision to spend around $220k to $260k to drill a deep hole into this 450m target rather than spend $800K to $1M doing a comprehensive 3D seismic which will take at least 3 months to complete, as that’s how long the simpler 2D seismic took.

Once St George drill the hole which I’m hoping will be completed by late February 2022, we will all know lots more and hopefully be very happy holders.

Look after yourself Helmenesh and hope to see you very soon.

Cheers

SandyC

Last edited by SandyC: 08/12/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
-0.003(8.11%)
Mkt cap ! $37.01M
Open High Low Value Volume
3.7¢ 3.8¢ 3.2¢ $679.8K 19.50M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2552969 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.5¢ 609535 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SGQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.