LOM 0.00% 6.7¢ lucapa diamond company limited

Ann: Diamond Production Continues Ahead of Plan at Lulo-LOM.AX, page-124

1. 12,259 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3833
    Black Dragon,

Good to get an answer of sorts.

That's perfectly explainable. At Ellendale it sounds like you had fairly soft material, big drill diameters and you fed the material through a plant to get a measure of grade.

You've seen my calculations. I can't see any way that you could economically directly measure diamond grade from diamond drill core for these types of low grade, high value diamond pipes and I can't believe the resources at Letseng are determined by extrapolating downwards from bulk samples taken from the mine benches. Surely you couldn't base your multimillion dollar mine plans on just guessing that because I've got so many diamonds in this type of rock here at the surface where I'm mining, then I'll have the same number in the rock I've drilled 100m-200m below just because it looks like the same type of rock. Somebody else please help. Esh

P.S. You could disappear down one of those holes pretty easy and no one would hear you scream. Pretty slack safety standards. The mines department in WA insists that you specify how you're going to cap even the smallest of holes when applying for work programs. Generally you buy a spiky plastic hole plug, push it down the hole with the back end of a spade and cover the hole with dirt. Stops the live stock from breaking legs. Pity the humans don't seem to count at Ellendale.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.