RMS 0.77% $1.97 ramelius resources limited

Yeah, nah, probably not. Thanks spotty for the idea but on...

1. 4,338 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2629
    Yeah, nah, probably not. Thanks spotty for the idea but on closer examination I've got doubts that hauling gold ore from Mt Holland to Edna May has legs.

I went back to an ASX announcement from Kidman from 18 December 2015 -

https://announcements.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20151218/pdf/433x6zv757k8py.pdf

- when they announced they were buying the Mt Holland gold project. The tenements had a couple of identified gold deposits, one around the bottom of an old mine called Bounty and another area referred to as Mt Holland that had two layers of gold mineralisation sandwiching a pesky pegmatite layer. That pegmatite layer turned out to have something like 190mt of high grade lithium that Wesfarmers (not Westfarmers - you can tell I don't follow shop keepers much) and SQM will start producing next year. It is the top layer of gold mineralisation that Wesfarmers owns and that will have to be moved so they can get to the spodumene. As is obvious the Mt Holland gold is low grade and the overall grade that you reported, Spotty, is boosted by the Bounty gold (which does not have to be moved to gain access to the spodumene so I guess will be left in situ). I see they were still assaying for gold in 2017 but I can't see that they ever updated their gold MRE. Assuming they never updated the MRE for the Mt Holland gold I don't think you haul gold ore at 1.64g/t so that is Strike One! Maybe Wesfarmers can pick the eyes out of the gold material and selectively haul and process the better graded ore.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5507/5507461-89b0ea6bf5db2a98278e65a62893fde4.jpg

However Strike Two is it seems that Mt Holland is about 80 clicks east of Hyden and Hyden is about 180 km from Southern Cross let alone Edna May. So even with higher grade material I think Mt Holland might be too far from Edna May unless we were dealing with Vivian-like ore, and it seems we are not.

Okay scrap that one, moving on, now WTF is happening with the Southern Cross mine: I thought it was supposed to be up for sale but things have been quiet on that front for months (and anyway they already have a mill so that would not help with the predicament they have with Edna May). What to do with Edna May is becoming a major issue for Ramelius, I think.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RMS (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.