AKP 0.00% $6.20 audio pixels holdings limited

Ann: Digital Speaker Development Update, page-41

1. 2,537 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2550
    "... I'm telling you, there will be no marketable prototype by the end of this year. ..."

Note my hold sentiment. I hold and I am still unashamedly optimistic that this tech will work. Is there a risk I am wrong? Of course there is.

Do I know there will be a product by the end of the year. Of course I don't. And I am certainly not going to say that I'm telling you there will be. And with all due respects, you don't know that there won't be either.

There is not intrinsically anything more risky with the MEMS audio pixel array than with the MEMS microphones or lenses or many other MEMS devices. There are many improbable looking MEMS devices that work perfectly well. AP has only done one thing that is unorthodox, namely to believe, somewhat optimistically, that they could go from a prototype (albeit one that played music) to a commercial device in a straight and direct route without allowing for unanticipated complications. That is exactly what has proven to be a problem. Bummer. But even though that obstacle has caused a significant slowdown, i.e. around 3 years so far, that does not mean they will not get there in the end. They may have been just a bit too ambitious in their optimism, but full marks for giving it a go. I accept that that was the only chance they had of turning a great idea into a real product, and they put their c0ck on the block and gave it a go. If anything, they, and we as co-owners, are lucky they did not find 101 obstacles waiting all along the way that stopped them in their tracks a lot earlier. Is there any guarantee the company will get to that end in the immediate future? Nope. But the value of investing in it if they do is pretty attractive. No risk. No reward. You pays your money and you takes your chance. If anyone does not think the risk is acceptable then they do not have to invest. But anyone who wants a completely safe bet is not likely to invest in a speculative stock like this one.

There are always a whole lot of speculative stocks available. I've been in a few, and I have exited many as well. For some the development process looked good at first and then increasingly soured. It does happen. When I came to believe that the tide had turned for them I had no hesitation to dump and run. Some I made a loss on, some I left at the top. But my entire portfolio is freehold based on making those decisions correctly.

So thanks for wishing me luck. I know I need it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.