DCC 9.09% 4.8¢ digitalx limited

volume for today is right on average volume. todays volume is...

1. 6,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 39
    volume for today is right on average volume.
    todays volume is 708,765
    100day volume average is 892,000
    25day volume average is 648,000

dccdkjfnbkdjfngb.JPG

market depth is definitely a frustration when holding a stock like DCC... and while i appreciate that the market depth is somewhat skewed when out of trading hours, the below image is pretty worrying to me...

dcccccckjb.JPG

anyone with an automated stop loss might want to consider the following:. lets say you have a stop loss set for 7c. if the SP is trading at 7.1c and then someone takes out all of the volume at 7c, your stop is triggered, but as we can see there is no volume until 6.5c, and your position size might spread over several pips when dumped onto the market. so rather than getting out at 7c, you actually get out at an average of say 6c... now multiply that by an x factor at certain mental price points, where multiple people have stop losses set, and you get a death spiral on relatively low volume... choose your stop loss points wisely, try not to pick the obvious point that the grandpa across the road picks...

you can avoid this kind of stock in the future by filtering your stock choices by volume or trade numbers...

not advice, obviously...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add DCC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.8¢
Change
0.004(9.09%)
Mkt cap ! $41.58M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.9¢ 4.9¢ 4.7¢ $57.11K 1.183M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 203647 4.7¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.8¢ 43046 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
DCC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.