HIL 0.00% 2.3¢ hills limited

Ann: Director resignations, page-17

1. 1,917 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 396
    I cannot say that I agree with everything you have said nor do I agree with all of the more recent posts here but I would just like to impart my deceased father's experience as an employee of Hills in the past. My father died of stomach cancer after a long 3 year fight to stave it off after enduring several operations. He never lost his job at Hills but he quickly ran out of sick leave, quickly ran out of money and my family was on the brink of starvation waiting for the Govt to award him a sick benefit pension. Hills asked a staff member to call and see my mother and when they discovered what was happening the staff at Hills ran a collection every pay day and delivered the money to our family until he received the pension and subsequently died. I am very grateful for what occurred - although going back a few decades people were more inclined to look after downtrodden neighbors and workmates - not so much today - that sort of problem is expected to be paid from the Govt coffers. I am a holder of a small parcel of shares and personally my feelings are that if they fall over completely and I have lost then I have done no more than paid my dues for past favours from a compassionate company owner and his staff. Not a lot to do with the share price or the terrible financial dilemma they have led themselves into but a lot to do with the type of people within it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HIL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.