BOA 0.00% 2.0¢ boadicea resources limited

Ann: Director Retirements and Chair Appointment, page-2

1. 6 Posts.
    This BOA announcement includes the statement:"At the first Board meeting following the AGM, the Board will elect an ongoing Chair." This concerns me as after the AGM maybe there will be maybe 3 directors, being the 2 current plus the new part-time MD. Neither of the current directors are suitable as Chair, and James Barrie may not even get elected, which would possibly leave just 2 directors. Saying a new Chair WILL be elected at the Board meeting following the AGM is too restrictive in timing, and I assume would not leave any time to actually find a suitable Chair.One of the big problems of BOA has been the lack of an experienced suitably qualified Chair.The announcement makes me think James Barrie may be hoping to be Chair, when the question is do we even need him as a director, given his skill set is as a company secretary and he doesn't need to be a director to fulfil that role? And the other problem that is still not resolved is that we again have a part-time MD which creates the impression of a lifestyle approach to the job and a lack of 100% commitment. How many junior resource companies have a part-time MD?I can't think of any, other than BOA. It seems the malaise continues at BOA. At the AGM I think it is important that the remuneration repot again be voted down, which will mean a second strike and a compulsory Board spill. Seems like shareholders may still have work to be done, to ensure we actually get a good full time MD and a qualified, connected, and suitably experienced Chair who can keep the MD focused on the task. A geo as Chair would be nice, given the MD is a geophysicist, but although Graeme Purcell has the reputation as a good geo, has he got the experience to be an effective Chair?He seems to still be learning to be a director, with a shareholder focus that should include rewarding our long suffering patience where all we have experienced is an erosion of our investment value. As a Board member over a number of years now, Graeme has contributed to this erosion of value.As I said at the beginning of this post, the BOA statement that a Chair WILL be appointed at the Board meeting after the AGM gives me more reason to be concerned about BOA going forward. We are still not where we need to be it seems. A clean sweep out may be required.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BOA (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.467M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.0¢ 2.0¢ 2.0¢ $18.32K 916.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 33760 2.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.5¢ 836842 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.54pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BOA (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.