ALK 0.81% 62.0¢ alkane resources limited

I agree it is for the best that IG's stake is reduced. His sales...

1. 1,591 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 181
    I agree it is for the best that IG's stake is reduced. His sales are too disruptive and restraining of the share price in my view. It is a shame he does not sell bigger blocks over a period of say 10 days, so there is less disruption and we can all participate.

That said, here we are knowing from Proactive that there is a lot of workflow over this quarter, with announcements from later this month and increased production likely from April. As one poster said, NE seemed upbeat, more so than last year. The hard work is beginning to come together.

Edison put it well in their update this year:

"Valuation: A$1.11/share, potentially A$2.36/share. Following the Boda resource update, our valuation of Tomingley remains ostensibly unchanged at A$0.60/share. Liquid assets in the form of Alkane’s holdings in Calidus and Genesis contribute a further A$0.01/share, with Boda and Kaiser estimated at a combined A$0.50/share (cf A$0.44/share previously). Together, these assets represent a total value to Alkane of A$1.11/share (cf A$1.06/share previously). In addition to this, we also estimate a potential A$0.48/share additional upside in the event of further exploration success in the Northern Molong Porphyry Project. Including all other contingent assets (and using current metals spot prices cf our more conservative long-term prices), this potentially takes our valuation of Alkane to as high as A$2.36/share (cf A$2.27/share previously). In the meantime, in Alkane investors can buy a profitable, cash-generating company on a multiple of just US$21.39 per resource ounce (approximately the same as an explorer)."

This sale and drop in the POG has, IMO provided a buying opportunity. The market fluctuates with news from Davos and posturing by US Fed Governors which may or may not prove correct, but ALK just continues steadily on increasing its reserves and shortly its production.

Although gold seems unable to break out of about US$1950 to $2100, especially given US treasury strength, that is a more than sufficient price.

I bought a few more ALK today.

GLTA.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ALK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
62.0¢
Change
0.005(0.81%)
Mkt cap ! $374.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
62.5¢ 62.5¢ 61.0¢ $456.1K 735.2K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 27298 61.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
62.0¢ 7478 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
62.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 1.27 %)
Open High Low Volume
62.5¢ 62.5¢ 61.0¢ 212721
Last updated 15.59pm 17/05/2024 ?
ALK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.