CWN 0.00% $13.09 crown resorts limited

Hi Gindaldan. You've got this whole franking credits topic...

1. 110 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 555
    Hi Gindaldan. You've got this whole franking credits topic wrong as many do. I'm not a Labor voter but they are not removing franking credits. they're just saying if you're an Australian and you pay no tax, you're not getting the credit back. if you do pay tax, absolutely the tax you've paid via your investments (franking credits) are treated just like you're paying your own tax liability. So franking credits WILL pay your tax liability ongoing. Furthermore, I've been investing in the US for over 15 years now. Yes, I pay witholding tax on dividends I receive to the US government. However, Australia and the US have a tax treaty. This means all the tax you pay to the US government is provided to you as a credit for the tax you would otherwise need to pay the Australian government. If you don't want to invest in the US for tax reasons you've got it all wrong, unless you're a zero tax payer. And then, if you do invest offshore well yes you would have no need for those tax credits if you paid no tax here. But don't forget if you have all of your money invested at home and the house burns down.......

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CWN (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.