KKO 1.35% 7.5¢ kinetiko energy ltd

I agree with your sentiment, it is certainly an under...

1. 428 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 711
    I agree with your sentiment, it is certainly an under appreciated and undervalued stock. I have taken a position here and will continue to buy on any weakness. I will definitely be taking up my rights entitlement too. Who knows, I might even buy some more if the market tanks further over the coming months. Sometimes the perceived sovereign risk can play on investors minds. Once investors start to realise the discrepancy/disconnect between price being paid and value being received then this will take off. South African energy investors have realised the value here as evidenced by the most recent capital raise. Once that is behind us, then I suspect we will start to re-rate as Aussie investors wake up to the opportunity as well.

We are a circa 50 million market cap with an estimated 4.9 trillion cubic feet of shallow gas. The value at the wellhead can be estimated as follows:

It is currently $6-7 US per thousand cubic feet for natural gas.

If we have circa 4.9 trillion cubic feet of gas then that equates to 4.9 billion cubic feet of saleable gas product. if 4.9 billion cubic feet is multiplied by a conservative $6.00 then this gives you close to 30 billion in value at the wellhead in US dollars. In AUD, this is close to 42 billion. The price in February 2022 was actually $7.

All of that value for close to 50 million market cap, yes please. Not to mention, we have a massive land holding with plenty of more upside to come. Emerging nations will need to rely on gas and oil for a long time yet so don’t let that concern you if you are an outside investor looking in. Even developed nations are consuming more gas than ever before, take Australia for example it consumed 29.1 billion cubic meters in 2009 versus 40.9 billion in 2020. This is an increase of circa 40% more consumption. Even if you break it down on a per capita basis, we are still consuming more gas per person than we were before. Australia’s population has only grown by about 16% over that same time period to give you some perspective. We have good infrastructure in place, access to power, cheap labour relative to other nations and government backing… what more do people want. Cheers, CP.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KKO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.5¢
Change
0.001(1.35%)
Mkt cap ! $107.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
7.5¢ 7.5¢ 7.5¢ $1.875K 25K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 7.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.0¢ 25000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KKO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.