AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

To me, it shows such a shameless misunderstanding of the Congo...

1. 261 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 20
    To me, it shows such a shameless misunderstanding of the Congo that AVZ think the best thing to do here is run off to a western court to get orders and judgements against the country.

Even if they're successful in these badly ill-advised ventures, there is no ability to enforce judgements in the most broken, destitute and impoverished place on earth in a state of constant war.

There is no functioning judiciary in the Congo. There is no paid bureaucracy. There is no army or police beyond private contractors for party leaders. There is no organised economy. There are no rules of law. To all intents and purposes, there is no "state".

This is the result of a country destroyed by a rapacious coloniser, exploited by western capitalism, completely unprepared for independence, drained by Mobutu and left shattered and broken beyond repair by decades of tribal wars, neighbour invasions, foreign debts, extreme corruption and failed attempts at democracy.

To think AVZ could just waltz in there and try to do business as if they're back in Western Australia is deeply deluded.

Cut and run.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.