SEQ 1.30% 38.0¢ sequoia financial group ltd

Ann: Divestment of 80% of Morrison Securities, page-28

1. 16,916 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8384
    "pretty gobsmacked at the market's reaction, feels like a large holder is spitting in management's face and have no faith this deal will go through. if you weren't ejecting stock pre trading halt and are now - what's changed?

either this holder is stale and was looking for any liquidity to eject or someone knows more than is written in the announcement"

I don't know for sure, but I expect this might go some way to informing what's happening... not just in relation to SEQ, but across the entire micro-cap space, which has been heavily on the nose over the past 12 months and which I know is experiencing redemptions from wholesale funds as they are compelled to dial-down their asset class risk:

Acorn SEQ.JPG

(At last report - Nov 2022 - Acorn owned 10.4m shares in SEQ... that's 7.7% of the company)

As can be seen, Acorn have obviously not been performing well in microcaps for some time, so I would not be surprised if they have been selling stocks (including SEQ) to fund redemptions.

Today in SEQ would certainly have been a nice liquidity event for a microcap fund to use to raise cash for redemptions it might have pending.

/
    Last edited by madamswer: 09/03/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SEQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
38.0¢
Change
-0.005(1.30%)
Mkt cap ! $46.62M
Open High Low Value Volume
38.0¢ 38.0¢ 37.0¢ $85.41K 227.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 127775 37.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
38.0¢ 19150 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.52pm 18/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SEQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.